- Your need to login as Administrator or start/run these steps using Run As Administrator command prompt.
- If you don’t follow the above instruction, you will get Access denied error while completing steps.
- Open the crx-quickstart\opt\helpers\instsrv.bat file in a text editor.
- If you are configuring a 64-bit Windows server, replace all instances of prunsrv with one of the following commands, according to your operating system:
This command invokes the appropriate script that starts the Windows service daemon in 64-bit Java instead of 32-bit Java.
To prevent the process from forking into more than one process, increase the maximum heap size and the PermGen JVM parameters. Locate the set jvm_options command and set the value as follows:
- Open Command Prompt, change the current directory to the crx-quickstart/opt/helpers folder of the AEM installation, and enter the following command to create the service:
To verify that the service is created, open Services in the Administrative Tools control panel or type start services.msc in Command Prompt. The cq5 service appears in the list.
- Start the service by doing one of the following:
- Windows indicates that the service is running. AEM starts and the prunsrv executable appears in Task Manager.
Note: The property values in the instsrv.bat file are used when creating the Windows service. If you edit the property values in instsrv.bat, you must uninstall and then re-install the service.
To uninstall the service, either click Stop in the Services control panel or in the command line, navigate to the folder and type instsrv.bat -uninstall cq5. The service gets removed from the list in the Services control panel or from the list in the command line when you type net start.