WebDav can be configured on Windows vista and 7 operating systems, but there is a registry change that is required. Personally, I don’t feel comfortable changing any thing in the Windows registry. To avoid that, I usually use some of the open source tools such as “BitKinex” or “NetDrive”.
- How to configure WEBDAV on Windows vista, 7 or any other, follow this link.
- NetDrive can be downloaded here
- BitKinex can be downloaded here. Follow the below steps to access AEM/CRX.
- Configure your AEM instance's connection parameters by using "File->Quick Connect". URL: http://localhost:7402/crx/repository/crx.default
- Go to "Datasource->Properties->Server->SiteMap", select Directory(WebDAV-complaint) from the dropdown "The Location Specifics" and click "OK"
- It would show the CRX folders/files